With school back in session, here are a few things to help make your braces experience safe and healthy with just a little bit of effort:
1. Eat braces friendly foods. Look for foods that aren’t sticky, hard or chewy. Go for the mashed potatoes instead of the potato chips, and the applesauce instead of the apples.
2. Brush your teeth before you go to school. Eating a pop tart on the way out the door is a surefire way to have food caked in your teeth all day which could ruin the perfect selfie. Want extra credit? Keep a toothbrush in your locker and brush after lunch, too.
3. Keep a mirror in your locker to check if you have something stuck in your teeth. Or, use your front facing camera to help keep your smile looking great.
4. Drink water. It not only helps you hydrate, rinsing your mouth with water gets rid of those Oreos bits stuck to your smile.
5. Wear a mouthguard. They’re cool and will keep you safe. Just don’t chew on it like Steph Curry does.
Brought to you by:
Brad Chvatal, DMD, MS
(541) 683-8490 • EugeneBraces.com
1400 Valley River Drive, 240, Eugene
1130 E. Main Street, Cottage Grove