In honor of St. Patrick's Day here's a recipe for Green Eggs and
1-2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
4 slices of ham
2 tablespoons of milk
1-2 drops of green food coloring
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
What You'll Need: knife, medium-size mixing bowl, wire whisk or
eggbeater, large frying pan, spatula, aluminum foil, serving
1. Melt a teaspoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium
heat. Add sliced ham and brown until edges are slightly crisp.
Remove the ham from the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and set
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and
pepper. Beat with a whisk until frothy. Then add 1-2 drops of green
food coloring until you reach the desired shade of green.
3. Heat a tablespoon of butter or margarine in a large frying pan
over medium until the butter begins to sizzle. Then add the egg
mixture to the pan.
4. Stir the egg mixture with a spatula until the eggs are firm and
not too runny.
5. Transfer the eggs to individual plates. Garnish with a sprig of
parsley. Add the ham prepared earlier. Serve with toast or warm
Enjoy the food and then enjoy the book together!